LANE Bikes Warranty Policy
LIMITED ONE-YEAR WARRANTY
Every LANE bike comes with a 1-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
Lane Bikes provides each original purchaser of a Lane bicycle a limited warranty against defects in materials and workmanship on the bicycle frame and components for a period of one year from the date of purchase. Specific components may come with additional warranties from the component manufacturers - please check in your owner’s manual pack for information regarding these warranties. Shimano and Tektro branded components are not covered under this warranty - bicycle owners should contact Shimano directly for warranty service on Shimano components.
This warranty does not cover issues resulting from abuse, alteration, improper repair, failing to follow instructions in the owner’s manual, corrosion or water damage, use of improper chargers or electrical surges, extreme or stunt riding, riding with excessively heavy loads, collision or other abnormal, excessive, or improper use. This warranty does not cover bicycles used for commercial activities, including but not limited to bicycle rental, sharing, and delivery services.
Normal wear and tear on items (such as tires, tubes, brake pads, bearings, bushings, cables and housing, grips, chain, and spokes) is not covered under this warranty and should be regularly inspected and maintained as noted in the owner’s manual. Paint fading caused by the effects of ultraviolet light (UV) or outdoor exposure is not covered by this warranty.
This warranty is limited to shipment of replacement parts. All labor services and charges are the responsibility of the original purchaser.
Warranty items will only be shipped within the continental United States, excluding Alaska.
How to Get Warranty Help
For warranty assistance, contact us through our Contact Form or by phone 646 884 3325.
This warranty period starts from the date of original retail purchase, is offered only to the original purchaser, and is not transferable. Proof of purchase may be required. This warranty is expressly limited to the replacement of a defective item, and all determinations under this warranty will be made in the sole discretion of Lane Bikes. All liability for any damage, failure or loss caused by unauthorized service or use of unauthorized parts is expressly disclaimed.
THE REMEDIES STATED ABOVE ARE THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES UNDER THIS WARRANTY. ANY AND ALL OTHER REMEDIES AND DAMAGES THAT MAY OTHERWISE BE APPLICABLE ARE EXCLUDED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, DAMAGES TO OTHER PROPERTY, OR ANY PUNITIVE DAMAGES. ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY OTHERWISE BE IMPLIED BY LAW INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE EXCLUDED. PLEASE REFER TO THE DOCUMENTS INCLUDED WITH YOUR BICYCLE FOR POSSIBLE FURTHER RESTRICTIONS.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES THE CONSUMER SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. THE CONSUMER MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE OR COUNTRY TO COUNTRY. SOME STATES AND COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF IT IS DETERMINED BY A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION THAT A CERTAIN PROVISION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY, SUCH DETERMINATION SHALL NOT AFFECT ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY AND ALL OTHER PROVISIONS SHALL REMAIN IN EFFECT.
This warranty does not cover the following:
- Products that have been modified, neglected or poorly maintained, used for commercial purposes, misused or abused or involved in accidents. It is your responsibility to regularly examine the product to determine the need for normal service or replacement. If you crash your bike and break it, it will not be covered under warranty.
- Damage occurring during shipment of the products (such claims must be presented directly to the shipper).
- Products whose serial number or other identifying marks (such as decals) have been altered, defaced or removed.
- Products that are purchased used, or in not-new condition without original packaging.
- Damage to products resulting from improper assembly or repair (or the techniques used), the use or installation of parts or accessories not compatible with the original intended use of the product, or the failure to follow the product warnings, installation and usage instructions. This warranty does not apply if the original product decals are removed or original finish has been modified or removed.
- Damage or deterioration to the surface finish, paint, aesthetics or appearance of the product
- The labor required to remove and/or re-fit and re-adjust the item covered by this warranty or any product that it is attached to.
- Any costs associated with returning or shipping warranted or non warranted products.
- Normal wear to the product. Components may have symptoms of wear in less than their warranted time frame depending on amount of use, type of use and other conditions. This includes products that have reached the end of their normal life expectancy before the warranted time frame expires.
- Any damage incurred through the installation or use of a rack.
- Commercial claims made by any merchant, retailer, commercial seller or reseller (not on behalf of an individual consumer).
- Products purchased through unauthorized distribution channels (i.e. EBay or via an unauthorized internet seller, swap meet or private party) or products originally intended to be sold in a country other than the one you purchased them in or from (i.e. gray market goods).
- Any products for which the consumer does not follow the warranty procedures outlined above.